- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
HOT SOUNDS, HOT COLOR
The perfect small synth now has a vibrant new look. The transparent red chassis and legendary sounds will make you stand out from the crowd.
Packed with mixable waveforms, a new sub-oscillator design, the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, a super-fast envelope, a syncable LFO, our new step sequencer and a patchable mod matrix, the MicroBrute is a landmark new synth at an incredible price.
The MicroBrute is new but carries the award-winning heritage of its big brother, the MiniBrute.
The MicroBrute was designed to be small but still retain an amazing sound quality. With a 100% pure analog voice path and advanced interconnectability via MIDI, USB, CV/ GATE, this machine is a true powerhouse synthesizer that takes your sound to a new level.
If you’re new to synths, you’re looking at one of the easiest to use and most unique-sounding synthesizers we think money can buy. And if you’re a synth veteran, we think it won’t have escaped your attention that MicroBrute is also a seriously capable semi-modular sequence-able beast. Wait till you hear how it sounds.
No presets, no menus, nothing to get between you and the ability to sculpt your sound live. Not only does MicroBrute give you the means to create, perform and be completely original every time you power up, it does it with astounding sound quality.
Process audio. Sequence analog gear. Give your modular a new LFO and Envelope Generator. Hook up to your DAW and make whole tracks. Hook up to your Drumtracks, open your door, and play a whole gig.
Tiny in size, tiny in price, huge in sound, and vast in potential. We’ve had so much fun with MicroBrute: Now it’s your turn.
A synthesizer is a musical instrument that is meant to be played.
However, playing a synthesizer is more than just playing some notes on a keyboard and recalling someone else’s presets. If that was the goal you could be looking at accordions or going to a department store to buy your keyboard (along with socks, milk and toilet paper)…but you aren’t, because you’re more creative than that.
Sawtooth, Pulse and Triangle waves with unique modifiers. Ultra Saw makes for huge sounds; Metalizer adds complex harmonics to the triangle wave. Sub Osc will rattle the house.
Beefy filter with Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass modes. Resonance can be pushed into self-oscillation.
Modulate the sound of the MicroBrute SE by connecting modulation sources and destinations. You can also use it to connect with external gear. With the MicroBrute SE’s stackable patch cables, you get even more modulation possibilities!
You get 8 sequences with up to 64 steps each to create multiple musical phrases.
ADSR envelope generator allows the sharpest attacks or extra-long release times.
The LFO supplies three waveforms and can run in sync with the Sequencer.
The MicroBrute SE uses 100% analog VCO’s. Although ours are very stable, you may sometimes need to tune your instrument.
Connect your MicroBrute SE with your vintage analog gear.
Process audio through MicroBrute SE; connect it to your favorite devices thanks to its audio input and output as well as MIDI input.
Control MicroBrute SE from your DAW or use it as a master keyboard.
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog audio signal path
- Steiner-Parker 2-pole multimode filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass)
- Analog Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- Oscillator Mixer (Overtone, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, audio in [on rear panel])
- ‘Overtone’ sub oscillator/5th generator
- Signal enhancers:
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Ultrasaw generates fat sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer brings in extreme harmonics
- Brute Factor™ delivers saturation and rich harmonics
- LFO with 3 waveforms (sine, sawtooth, square)
- LFO can freerun or sync to arpeggiator
- ADSR envelope generator
- Keyboard tracking of the VCF cutoff
- 25-note mini-key keyboard
- Mod wheel (assignable to cutoff or LFO amount)
- Pitch wheel (bend range selectable via software)
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves
- External analog audio input
- CV In jacks: Pitch, Filter, sub-harmonics, pulse width, Metalizer, saw animator
- CV Out jacks: pitch, envelope, LFO
- MIDI In with 5 pin DIN connector
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4” audio output and 1/8” headphone output
- Full-functioned step sequencer:
- 8 memories
- up to 64 steps per memory
- tap tempo
- rate control
- step divisions (via software)
- trigger modes (via software)
- MIDI sync
- Steel bottom panel
- 12V DC 1A power supply
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 12.8 x 8.7 x 2.36 inches (325 x 221 x 60mm)
- Instrument weight : 3.86 lbs. (1.750 Kg)
You may also like…
Akai LPK25 WirelessMIDI, liberatedRecognizing the need for a wireless keyboard that doesn't sacrifice functionality or versatility, the new LPK25 Wireless takes portability and feature-rich performance to the next level with its Bluetooth MIDI connectivity, allowing players to control their plug-in instruments from anywhere in the room, providing the ultimate in studio setup flexibility.$99.00
Akai LPD8 WirelessIn creating the LPD8 Wireless pad controller, we addressed the needs of mobile musicians everywhere by bringing Bluetooth MIDI functionality and battery-operated capability to a feature-rich pad controller weighing in at only one pound.$99.00