- Reviews (0)
Novation’s Flagship MIDI Controller
SL MkII is the daddy of advanced professional USB MIDI controllers. It combines a semi-weighted Fatar keybed that plays like an instrument with an absolutely ludicrous number of controls. It gives you direct, hands-on control over every aspect of your music, software, plug-in instruments and FX, as well as immediate feedback at the touch of a button.
Incredible Professional Keyboard
Express yourself on our premium semi-weighted Fatar keybed with assignable after-touch. It plays almost like an instrument to let you create truly expressive performances.
You can choose between 61, 49 and 25-key versions or the keyless SL MkII ZeRO, which gives you the same control over your software in a more lightweight and portable form.
Get Instant Hands-On Control
Every SL MkII has the same huge number of fully assignable controls, all of which map automatically to your software with Automap to give you direct access to everything you could want to control.
See Exactly What You’re Controlling
The 144-character LCD screen shows you exactly what you are controlling, including the name and value of entire rows of knobs, faders or buttons. We also lined the screen up with your controls, so you can see which bits of your software they are controlling without ever having to peer at your laptop.
Get Immediate Visual Feedback
We designed the SL MkII to put information at your fingertips. The illuminated controls give you instant visual feedback: LED rings around your encoders tell you the position of your filter cutoff and the back-lit buttons show you which tracks are muted.
Every knob, encoder, button and fader on the SL MKII is touch-sensitive. Simply touch a control to bring up information about that entire row on your LCD screen, without having to move the control and lose your settings.
Control Any Major Music Software
Get instant hands-control of any major music software, including Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase and Pro Tools™. You can also use SL MkII and Automap to control third party plug-in instruments, like Native Instruments, UAD and FXpansion.
- Incredible Professional Feel
- Velocity-sensitive Fatar keybed that plays just like an instrument, with semi-weighted action and assignable after-touch.
- Instant Hands-On Control
- Automap software instantly maps your controls to your software to give you direct access to your plug-in instruments and FX.
- See What You’re Controlling
- The 144-character LCD screen shows you exactly what you are controlling, including the name and value of entire rows of knobs, faders or buttons.
- Instant Visual Feedback
- Backlit buttons and bright LED rings around eight smooth encoders give you immediate visual feedback of cutoffs and muted tracks.
- Huge Array of Touch-Sensitive Controls
- Simply touch any of the beautifully illuminated controls to see what it is controlling.
- Control Any Major Music Software
- Get instant hands-control of major music software and third party plug-in instruments.
- Bus-Powered by USB
- Plug in and play without any power cables.
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive semi-weighted Italian made keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- 144 character blue backlit LCD screen
- 8 endless encoders (infinite rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment LED rings
- 8 pots (270 degree rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel trigger pads
- Xpression X-Y Pad
- Xpression Joystick
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- 1 Automap button with LED to toggle Automap mode on and off
- Template and edit modes have been combined into one edit mode, for editing both individual controls and overall settings within one template
- USB socket (not class compliant)
- MIDI IN, OUT and THRU din sockets plus additional MIDI OUT din socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket
- Expression pedal 1/4” jack socket
- Power switch Ext DC / USB
- Novation Automap software for control of all major DAWs and plug-ins
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 8 or greater to work with the SL MKII. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the SL MKII integration. SL MKII will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- SL MKII requires a MIDI driver for both PC and Mac (supplied)
- Fully USB bus powered
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 500mA
- Power supply not included
- SL MKII 25: 468mm length x 293mm depth x 68mm height
- SL MKII 49: 803mm length x 293mm depth x 68mm height
- SL MKII 61: 965mm length x 293mm depth x 68mm height
OS compatibilty not relevant for this product range/type
You may also like…
The iconic grid instrument for Ableton Live.
If you use Ableton Live, you need a Launchpad. Its 8 x 8 grid has become ubiquitous with the evolution of electronic music, letting you launch clips, play drum racks and control your mixer, all while creating impressive lightshows.
Novation Launchpad Pro
The Easiest Way to Take Full Control of Ableton.
Launchpad Pro is the simplest and best way to create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live, or any music software.
We’ve given our iconic Launchpad a total overhaul. Enhanced with RGB LED feedback, and velocity and pressure-sensitive pads, Launchpad Pro brings limitless expression and creativity to your music.
Novation Launch Control XL
Ultimate Control Over Ableton Live
Launch Control XL is the ultimate controller for Ableton Live.
It helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live to give you total hands-on control.
When combined with Launchpad’s intuitive 64-button grid, Launch Control XL provides extraordinary simultaneous control over Ableton Live’s session view, mixer, effects and instruments.
Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!
Akai MPC Touch
In creating the MPC Touch, we have once again established the iconic MPC series as the thought leader in music production technology. Combining the might of a pro-level piece of production gear truly fit to carry the MPC shield with the tactile ease of use found on smartphones and tablets, the Touch is truly a workflow revolution.