- Reviews (0)
The analogue monosynth reborn
Nothing out there sounds this warm, fat and dirty. Bass Station II is our pure analogue monosynth. We based it on our classic Bass Station, then enhanced every area to make it even bigger, angrier and more versatile.
It has two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enormous bass, plus noise and ring modulation. It also gives you two distinct analogue filter types: the classic multi-mode filter and a new acid filter, for a massive variation in sonic possibilities.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
We put as many controls as possible onto Bass Station II, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, we also laid out all those controls in the clearest and most useful way, to keep sound design as straightforward and fun as possible.
Save and Load Patches
We loaded Bass Station II with 64 diverse patches that showcase its huge sonic variation. We also left 64 slots free, so you can easily save and load your own patches on the unit, or in the free librarian software.
Bass Station II’s pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are a fun and immediate way to find new inspiration. The sequencer lets you record your own notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time, then store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like. Easily and automatically sync them to your music software or hardware setup, or even add swing to get your groove going.
Connect to Just About Anything
Bass Station II is fully class compliant, so you can plug into anything via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. You can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II’s analogue filter and effects.
- Create a huge variety of sounds
- Two pure analogue, sync-able and tuneable oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads
- Switch the multi-mode Classic Filter between low, hi and band pass with 12 and 24dB slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage
- A 24dB Acid Filter that is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde
- Create crunchy, aggressive sounds with fully analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches
- Comes with 64 patches that cover a huge range of styles, but you can create, save, archive and swap 64 of your own too.
- Get instant inspiration
- Record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then easily store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like.
- Experiment easily
- Get your hands on loads of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation
- Triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software
- Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's Keyboard
- Full sized 25-note) velocity-sensitive keyboard, with a fast synth-action and aftertouch.
- Store unlimited sounds
- Keep as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.
Hardware & controller assignment
- 25 note synth-action keyboard
- Aftertouch can be assigned to modulate:
- Filter frequency
- LFO 1to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 speed
- Pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel can be assigned to:
- LFO 2 to filter frequency
- LFO 1 to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 pitch
- Octave up/ down buttons
- 64 factory presets
- 64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
- Master volume dial
Inputs and Outputs
- USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
- Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
- Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
- External input on 1/4" TRS jack
- Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
- MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
- DC power input
- Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
- Osc 1
- Osc 2
- Sub Osc (3)
- Noise generator
Osc 1 & 2
Select between waveforms:
- square/variable pulse width
- Sync 1 & 2
- Octave range
- Pitch bend
- Pitch modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 1
- Pulse width modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 2
Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1
Select independently between waveforms:
- Narrow pulse
- All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
- Independent octave select
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- External signal level
Two filter types
- Acid type (diode ladder filter design)
- Classic type (derived from original Bass Station)
- Filter frequency to Mod Envelope depth
- Filter frequency to LFO 2 depth
Select 'Classic' filter between:
- Low pass
- Band pass
- High pass
- 12dB slope
- 24dB slope
Two ADSR Envelopes (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release)
- Amp Envelope
- Mod Envelope
- Combined control of both Envelopes
Select triggering mode between:
- Single trigger (holds envelope state when new note is played)
- Multi trigger (re-triggers with every new note played)
- Autoglide (engages portamento)
- There is also a VCA limiter
Two LFOs each selectable between:
- Sample and hold
- Both LFOs independently adjustable between rate and delay time
- Key sync LFO 1 & 2
- LFO slew on LFO 1& 2 (low pass filter on the LFO waveform)
- Distortion send
- Oscillator filter mod amount (FM effect created by Oscillator 2 modulating filter freq)
- Up to 32 different patterns
- Select between 1-4 octave range
- Swing function
- Select direction:
- up / down 1
- up / down 2
- As played
- Latch (hold the arpeggiator)
- Up to four sequences
- Assign one of 32 preset rhythms or create your own
- insert rests or legato (slide)
- Sequencer re-trigger function
- Adjust glide time
- Single trigger or re-trigger modes
- Integrate into step sequencer and arpeggiator
- USB bus powered
- 9V DC power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
- 457mm (18”) width x 273mm (10.75”) depth x 76mm (3”) height
macOS 10.12 Sierra
Mac OSX 10.11
Mac OSX 10.10
Mac OSX 10.9
You may also like…
Novation Launchpad Pro
The Easiest Way to Take Full Control of Ableton.
Launchpad Pro is the simplest and best way to create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live, or any music software.
We’ve given our iconic Launchpad a total overhaul. Enhanced with RGB LED feedback, and velocity and pressure-sensitive pads, Launchpad Pro brings limitless expression and creativity to your music.
Akai MPC Touch
In creating the MPC Touch, we have once again established the iconic MPC series as the thought leader in music production technology. Combining the might of a pro-level piece of production gear truly fit to carry the MPC shield with the tactile ease of use found on smartphones and tablets, the Touch is truly a workflow revolution.
The iconic grid instrument for Ableton Live.
If you use Ableton Live, you need a Launchpad. Its 8 x 8 grid has become ubiquitous with the evolution of electronic music, letting you launch clips, play drum racks and control your mixer, all while creating impressive lightshows.
Novation Launch Control XL
Ultimate Control Over Ableton Live
Launch Control XL is the ultimate controller for Ableton Live.
It helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live to give you total hands-on control.
When combined with Launchpad’s intuitive 64-button grid, Launch Control XL provides extraordinary simultaneous control over Ableton Live’s session view, mixer, effects and instruments.
Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!